Okay, I woke up being nagged by both the headache and by the muse telling me to get this at least out here on the blog right now. (or it is Talon sending vibes from MI!) The big pic will be sent much later today, probably in the evening. The first pic is the thumbnail of the full drawing. Well, I did cut off the edges a little.
I had initially thought I would leave this plain and without shadows and colour it like the anime in Photoshop, but it seems the muses decided otherwise, hence the more realistic technique. This will probably not be coloured at all now.
It was interesting switching from the DBZ beefy boyz to long and lanky boyz. It was actually a bit of chore to purposefully elongate the charas in the original style. rat was even looking at it funny until I showed him one of my Gravitation anime reference books and he saw these charas are really drawn like this, in his words, fashion doll style.
The sheets were interesting to work with I must admit. Originally Eiri's body was getting a tan (rat's words) because of all the shading I was putting on it to contrast with Syuichi's body. Putting the boyz on dark sheets lightened their shading up visually. The sheets just got darker and darker as I worked them. Used a 5B, an 8B and my large and small stumps to work them.
Originally I was trying to hide actual genitalia but I just could not get the foreshortening to work on Eiri's leg so I gave up and said to hell with it. My audience will either love it, or will just have to get over it and look, or not look at all.
And this is the facial detail. Actually I am pretty darned pleased with the hands in this one too. They are still not perfect but I am learning a bit more about structure.
Hope this little offering is enough to make you smile while I go hold my aching head some more.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*